Farmer Ted's Adventure Farm has everything you need for a full day out.
Farmer Teds opens at 10am. Our closing times vary. Please see our opening times for details.
Farmer Teds opens from 10am although you are welcome to arrive at a time to suit you.
Please check our online timetable to ensure you arrive in good time for your favourite activities.
Prebooking online by 7.30am on the day of your visit saves £££’s.
Tickets are available on the door – except for during some of our seasonal events.
Please contact the office for more information or if you are travelling from a distance Tel: 0151 526 0002
I’ve booked my tickets in advance, but I now want to bring an extra person from my household. Can I pay for them on the door?
This usually won’t be a problem but please ring the office to confirm before travelling.
The office is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
At peak times you may have to queue to get in. Booking in advance will speed up the admissions process
- Please download your tickets onto your phone prior to arrival as we will need to scan them. Having your tickets ready to scan will speed up entry.
- Members will need to provide their membership card with their ticket
- Carers will need to show proof of ID with their ticket
- At Farmer Ted’s we are fully accessible and wish for all to enjoy their day on the farm equally. Please see below for our Admission Policy, and we kindly request that you do not ask our Admission staff to make judgments. A manager will always be available for further information or queries.
- We have a concession rate for OAP’s and visitors with disabilities, who do not require a carer. Then we have a policy that states that the disabled person or child pays the appropriate admission charge and then with any of the following evidence the carer is admitted at the discounted price of £5.50.
Please come dressed for the weather and wear suitable footwear. We are a mainly outdoor attraction on an exposed site which can be cold and windy even on a good day.
Yes, although we prefer card payments as it involves less contact with our staff.
- £1.00 coins are required for the coin-operated diggers & pedal tractors so do bring some with you.
- Change is available at till points.
- We do not offer cashback and there is no ATM on site.
- We do not accept payments by American Express.
We hope to offer most of our timetabled activities but occasionally circumstances beyond our control may mean we need to make alterations at short notice.
Please see the daily timetable on arrival.
Our website and social media pages carry details of our special events
Yes, all our outdoor play areas will be open, please check our site map on arrival to ensure you don’t miss anything.
- Please ensure that children wash or sanitise their hands before using the equipment and on leaving the play area.
- In wet weather we have 2 indoor play areas: Climb & Slide in hall 2 & the over and under 4 soft play areas in the main restaurant. Socks should be worn in the soft play areas.
- If a piece of equipment is busy, please come back later – we have lots of play areas for you to explore.
- Food & drink should not be taken onto the play equipment.
- Shoes should be removed before going on the Jumping Pillows
Yes, the Shaun the Sheep area will be open.
Please check the timetable on arrival for show times and craft tent / activity opening times.
There is a chance to meet Shaun and Bitzer* after each Shaun the Sheep show.
(*Bitzer is not guaranteed to be here every day during off peak times)
Yes, barrel rides will run this season. Please see the timetable upon arrival. Barrel rides cost £1 per seat and can be paid for in the gift shop or coffee pod (card) or at the ride (cash)
Yes, tractor rides are available. Please see the timetable upon arrival. The tractor ride is included in your entry fee.
Yes, we have several hand wash stations around the site all with hot water and liquid soap.
- Please remember that using hand sanitiser is not an effective substitute for handwashing and that handwashing is the preferred method for cleaning hands and removing dirt and bacteria.
- Please wash your hands before and after touching the animals, before eating and after play and using the toilets.
Yes, we have 3 sets of toilets on site that are checked at regular intervals for cleanliness.
All toilets have baby change facilities & nappy disposal bins.
Disabled access toilets are located in hall 2 and the soft play barn.
Farmer Ted’s Grill is open every day from 10.00am serving hot food and snacks.
Last food orders are 45 minutes before closing.
We also have our “Ted’s to Go” outlet and “Coffee Pod” open at peak times for drinks, ice creams and cakes.
Yes, we will do our best to meet all dietary requirements. Please ask to speak to our chef to discuss your individual needs.
- All our food is freshly cooked on site and our menu is designed so that we can serve you as quickly as possible.
- When ordering food, please check the menu beforehand so that you know what you would like to purchase and that way we can serve you quicker.
Yes, you are welcome to bring a picnic and we have designated outdoor, indoor and covered picnic areas on site. We would prefer it if you didn’t eat your picnic in our restaurant areas to leave room for our customers who are dining in. We’d love you to buy a portion of chips to eat with your picnic or a cake or ice cream as an afternoon treat
Yes, although to keep our queues under control, we would ask you to call our office on 0151 526 0002 between 9.30am & 4.30pm, Monday – Friday to renew a membership or purchase a season pass with our secretary.
- NEW for 2023; You can now purchase our season passes on line and collect them on your next visit. https://bookings.farmerteds.com/book/season-passes-unlimited-access/14
No, we do not sell animal food and would ask you not to feed them with sweets or other food items.
- Our animals are fed a balanced and nutritious diet by our farm staff and extra food & treats could cause them to become unwell or overweight.
- If you are on site when we feed our animals in the afternoon, you may be able to watch and help our staff. Please see the timetable for today’s feeding time.
- Our animals are usually friendly but your fingers can look like food to them so please be careful and wash your hands before and after touching them.
- Our staff led animal activities are the best way to meet our animals up close as our staff will show you the correct way to handle them.
Even though the COVID restrictions have eased I’m still worried about catching Covid from other people, have you removed all your Covid restrictions?
We realise that some of our customers may be nervous about restrictions being lifted and at Farmer Ted’s we will be promoting Government guidance for living safely with respiratory infections, including COVID-19:
Yes, our gift shop will be open although it has moved to a new home in hall 2. Come and take a look before you go home!
Yes, we always have 1st aiders on site, if you need to see a 1st aider, please speak to a member of staff who will be able to call one for you.
Yes, a copy of our visitor risk assessment and other health and safety advice to ensure you have a safe visit is available on our health and safety page