Farmer Ted's Adventure Farm has everything you need for a full day out.
- The safety of our visitors, animals and staff is our priority.
- The care of our animals remains extremely important and we would reassure our visitors that they are receiving the same high quality of care and enrichment as they normally would.
- We have taken extra precautions to ensure the safety of our animals and animal care teams as part of the ongoing situation.
- Please help us out by washing your hands before entering and on leaving animal areas and by not eating near the animals.
- If you are looking for further information about coronavirus and animals, please visit the official government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-people-with-animals
Yes, as usual we will do our best to meet all dietary requirements. Please speak to our chef to discuss your individual needs.
All our outdoor play areas will be open; however they will close at dusk.
Please ensure that children wash or sanitise their hands before using the equipment and on leaving the play area.
If a piece of equipment is busy, please come back later – we have lots of play areas for you to explore.
Food & drink should not be taken onto the play equipment.
Yes, we will be having dedicated staff working their way around all areas of the site cleaning hand contact surfaces and emptying bins throughout the day.
We have several hand wash stations around the site as well as hand sanitiser stations so you can always practice good hand hygiene.
Please remember that using hand sanitiser is not an effective substitute for handwashing and that handwashing is the preferred method for cleaning hands and removing dirt and bacteria.
Yes, we have 3 sets of toilets on site that are checked at regular intervals for cleanliness. All toilets have baby change facilities and disabled access toilets are located in hall 2 and the soft play barn.
Yes, although we prefer card payments as it involves less contact with our staff. £1.00 coins are required for the coin operated diggers so do bring some with you.
- Change is available at till points.
- We do not offer cashback and there is no ATM on site.
- We do not accept payments by American Express.
Please ring the office to discuss this.
The office is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Whilst restrictions are eased, we will still be monitoring the situation very carefully along with following Public Health England and NHS guidelines.
In the event that the outbreak worsens again and we have to resume closure of the park, we will of course inform all of our guests accordingly.
- All our food is freshly cooked on site and our menu is designed so that we can serve you as quickly as possible.
- When ordering food, please check the menu beforehand so that you know what you would like to buy and that way we can serve you quicker.
We hope to offer most of our outdoor activities as usual, weather permitting.
Please see the daily timetable and check our website and social media pages for details of our special events
At peak times you may have to queue to get in. Booking in advance will speed up the admissions process
- Please download all your tickets onto your phone prior to arrival as we will need to scan each one. If you have your tickets ready to scan it will speed up entry.
- Members will need to provide their membership card with their printed ticket
- Our NHS app QR code will still be on display if you wish to use it.
We realise that as restrictions across the country are relaxed some people may forget or ignore the safety advice issued by the government. At Farmer Ted’s we are putting in place measures to remind our customers of the safety requirements and we will be asking everyone to respect each other’s personal space while on site.
Our staff will be patrolling the site and although we do not want to have to intervene, if we see large groups forming or other obvious breaches of the guidance we may intervene.
- To keep our queues under control and minimise any direct contact with our staff we ask you to call our office on 0151 526 0002 between 9.30am & 5.00pm, Monday – Friday to renew a membership or purchase a season pass with our secretary.
We will be ensuring correct social distancing by limiting guest numbers per day. Good hygiene and cleaning will be maintained in all public areas.
Areas of contact such as the arrival process and food takeaway services will be adapted to ensure as little contact as possible.
Signage and markings will be in place and appropriate PPE for staff where necessary.
Contact during the arrival process will be kept to an absolute minimum.
Please be aware that you will be required to show your ticket bar code so we can scan you in so please ensure you have downloaded your tickets prior to arrival and that you have them open on your phone – or have printed them off.
Staff members will be on hand to answer any enquiries you might have.
We are following all government and industry guidance to ensure your visit to Farmer Ted’s is a safe and enjoyable one.
There will be a one-way system in place wherever possible.
We ask those using these car parks to observe social distancing and to behave responsibly. We will be ensuring correct social distancing by limiting guest numbers per day. Good hygiene and cleaning will be maintained in all public areas. Areas of contact such as the arrival process and food takeaway services will be adapted to ensure as little contact as possible.
Contactless & Credit Card payments will be available at all outlets. Unfortunately, we do not accept American Express card payments or offer a cashback service.
Cash payments are accepted.
Signage and markings will be in place and appropriate PPE for staff where necessary. The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has given us the recognition that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
See our official certificate awarded by Visit England here
We realise that many of our customers may be nervous about restrictions being lifted and at Farmer Ted’s we will be taking a cautious approach to the relaxation of the rules.
We will be suggesting that all our customers follow the government advice following the end of restrictions:
We will monitor the situation on a daily basis and if certain areas of the site become busy, we may introduce measures to restrict access and limit crowds gathering.
- See our official certificate awarded by Visit England here
Yes, you are welcome to bring a picnic and we have designated outdoor, indoor and covered picnic areas on site. We would prefer it if you didn’t eat your picnic in our restaurant areas to leave room for our customers who are dining in. We’d love you to buy a portion of chips to eat with your picnic or a cake or ice cream as an afternoon treat
Yes, our gift shop will be open although it has moved to a new home in hall 2. Come and take a look before you go home!
Yes, we always have 1st aiders on site, if you need to see a 1st aider, please speak to a member of staff who will be able to call one for you.
Yes, a copy of our visitor risk assessment and other health and safety advice to ensure you have a safe visit is available on our health and safety page
We recommend that masks are worn in busy indoor areas
Please come dressed for the weather and wear suitable footwear. We are a mainly outdoor attraction on an exposed site which can be windy even on a good day.
Farmer Teds opens at 10am. Our closing times vary. Please see our opening times for details.
Prebooking online by 11pm the day before your visit saves £££’s. Tickets are available on the door.
There is a chance to meet Shaun and Bitzer after each Shaun the Sheep show.
Yes the Shaun the Sheep adventure returns this season!
Yes, barrel rides will run this season. Please see the timetable upon arrival. Barrel rides cost £1 per seat.
Yes tractor rides are available. Please see the timetable upon arrival. The tractor ride is included in your entry fee.
Farmer Ted’s Grill is open every day from 10.00am serving hot food and snacks.
Last food orders are 45 minutes before closing.
We also have our “Ted’s to Go” outlet and “Coffee Pod” open at peak times for drinks, ice creams and cakes.
Farmer Teds opens from 10am.
- At Farmer Ted’s we are fully accessible and wish for all to enjoy their day on the farm equally. Please see below for our Admission Policy, and we kindly request that you do not ask our Admission staff to make judgments. A manager will always be available for further information or queries.
- We have a concession rate for OAP’s and visitors with disabilities, who do not require a carer. Then we have a policy that states that the disabled person or child pays the appropriate admission charge and then with any of the following evidence the carer is admitted at the discounted price of £5.50.