Get the answers to the most frequently asked questions about COVID-19 when it comes to visiting Farmer Ted's.
We ask that face coverings be worn in all inside areas, in line with the Government’s Plan B guidance.
Farmer Teds adheres to all Government legislation regarding to Covid-19. We understand that some people are unable to wear face coverings due to exemptions.
All of our costumer facing staff will be wearing face coverings during Farmer Christmas.
Farmer Teds operates a no refund policy. If customers are not able to attend Farmer Christmas due to contracting Covid-19, a family pass for a return visit will be issued, to be used between February and September 2022, provided that evidence of a positive PCR test is supplied. This is a temporary change to our terms and conditions and is provided only for those who contract Covid-19. Family pass exchanges are not available for any other reason of non-attendance.
We realise that many of our customers may be nervous about restrictions being lifted and at Farmer Ted’s we will be taking a cautious approach to the relaxation of the rules.
We will be suggesting that all our customers follow the government advice following the end of restrictions:
- At Farmer Ted’s we are fully accessible and wish for all to enjoy their day on the farm equally. Please see below for our Admission Policy, and we kindly request that you do not ask our Admission staff to make judgments. A manager will always be available for further information or queries.
- We have a concession rate for OAP’s and visitors with disabilities, who do not require a carer. Then we have a policy that states that the disabled person or child pays the appropriate admission charge and then with any of the following evidence the carer is admitted free of charge.
You should arrive on site at least 20 minutes before the time you have booked to start the “Walking Adventure” and are welcome to stay on afterwards for something to eat and to play on our indoor & outdoor equipment.
Please come dressed for the weather and wear suitable footwear. We are a mainly outdoor attraction on an exposed site which can be windy even on a good day.
Our indoor soft play area is now open, socks must be worn and at busy times we may restrict numbers to allow for customer comfort and safety.
We will still be closing the soft play area for a short time in the middle of the day for cleaning.
Our indoor Climb & Slide play area is also now open, shoes must be worn.
We recommend that masks are worn in busy indoor areas
No, during our Christmas Walking Adventure animal handling activities will not be available, however our animals will still be in the barns and fields for you to look at.
The Christmas Walking Adventure takes you from building to building on the site so wet weather clothing is advisable to dodge the showers.
Our indoor play areas and restaurant will be open all day.
Yes, we always have 1st aiders on site, if you need to see a 1st aider, please speak to a member of staff who will be able to call one for you.
Yes, our gift shop will be open although it has moved to a new home in hall 2. Come and take a look before you go home!
Yes, you are welcome to bring a picnic and we have designated outdoor, indoor and covered picnic areas on site. We would prefer it if you didn’t eat your picnic in our restaurant areas to leave room for our customers who are dining in. We’d love you to buy a portion of chips to eat with your picnic or a cake or ice cream as an afternoon treat
- All our food is freshly cooked on site and our menu is designed so that we can serve you as quickly as possible.
- When ordering food, please check the menu beforehand so that you know what you would like to buy and that way we can serve you quicker.
Yes, as usual we will do our best to meet all dietary requirements. Please speak to our chef to discuss your individual needs.
We have two eating areas on site “Farmer Ted’s Grill” and “Ted’s to Go” both serving hot food to eat in or take away.
Last food orders are one hour before closing each day.
No, our tractor rides won’t be running during the Christmas Walking Adventure
No, our barrel rides won’t be running during the Christmas Walking Adventure
Bitzers Kinetic Kennel Club & Bleat the Keeper will be open during December
The Shaun the Sheep shows will not be running during the Christmas Walking Adventure but Shaun the Sheep may make an appearance in Candy Cane Lane at intervals during the day
All our outdoor play areas will be open; however they will close at dusk.
Please ensure that children wash or sanitise their hands before using the equipment and on leaving the play area.
If a piece of equipment is busy, please come back later – we have lots of play areas for you to explore.
Food & drink should not be taken onto the play equipment.
Yes, we will be having dedicated staff working their way around all areas of the site cleaning hand contact surfaces and emptying bins throughout the day.
We have several hand wash stations around the site as well as hand sanitiser stations so you can always practice good hand hygiene.
Please remember that using hand sanitiser is not an effective substitute for handwashing and that handwashing is the preferred method for cleaning hands and removing dirt and bacteria.
Yes, we have 3 sets of toilets on site that are checked at regular intervals for cleanliness. All toilets have baby change facilities and disabled access toilets are located in hall 2 and the soft play barn.
Yes, although we prefer card payments as it involves less contact with our staff. £1.00 coins are required for the coin operated diggers so do bring some with you.
- Change is available at till points.
- We do not offer cashback and there is no ATM on site.
- We do not accept payments by American Express.
Please ring the office to discuss this.
The office is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Admission to the Christmas Walking Adventure is by pre-booked ticket only.
Whilst restrictions are eased, we will still be monitoring the situation very carefully along with following Public Health England and NHS guidelines.
In the event that the outbreak worsens again and we have to resume closure of the park, we will of course inform all of our guests accordingly.
- The safety of our visitors, animals and staff is our priority.
- The care of our animals remains extremely important and we would reassure our visitors that they are receiving the same high quality of care and enrichment as they normally would.
- We have taken extra precautions to ensure the safety of our animals and animal care teams as part of the ongoing situation.
- Please help us out by washing your hands before entering and on leaving animal areas and by not eating near the animals.
- If you are looking for further information about coronavirus and animals, please visit the official government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-people-with-animals
10am - 5:00pm
We hope to offer most of our outdoor activities as usual, weather permitting.
Please see the daily timetable and check our website and social media pages for details of our special events
At peak times you may have to queue to get in. Booking in advance will speed up the admissions process
- Please download all your tickets onto your phone prior to arrival as we will need to scan each one. If you have your tickets ready to scan it will speed up entry.
- Members will need to provide their membership card with their printed ticket
- Our NHS app QR code will still be on display if you wish to use it.
We realise that as restrictions across the country are relaxed some people may forget or ignore the safety advice issued by the government. At Farmer Ted’s we are putting in place measures to remind our customers of the safety requirements and we will be asking everyone to respect each other’s personal space while on site.
Our staff will be patrolling the site and although we do not want to have to intervene, if we see large groups forming or other obvious breaches of the guidance we may intervene.
- To keep our queues under control and minimise any direct contact with our staff we ask you to call our office on 0151 526 0002 between 9.30am & 5.00pm, Monday – Friday to renew a membership or purchase a season pass with our secretary.
We will be ensuring correct social distancing by limiting guest numbers per day. Good hygiene and cleaning will be maintained in all public areas.
Areas of contact such as the arrival process and food takeaway services will be adapted to ensure as little contact as possible.
Signage and markings will be in place and appropriate PPE for staff where necessary.
Contact during the arrival process will be kept to an absolute minimum.
Please be aware that you will be required to show your ticket bar code so we can scan you in so please ensure you have downloaded your tickets prior to arrival and that you have them open on your phone – or have printed them off.
Staff members will be on hand to answer any enquiries you might have.
We are following all government and industry guidance to ensure your visit to Farmer Ted’s is a safe and enjoyable one.
There will be a one-way system in place wherever possible.
We ask those using these car parks to observe social distancing and to behave responsibly. We will be ensuring correct social distancing by limiting guest numbers per day. Good hygiene and cleaning will be maintained in all public areas. Areas of contact such as the arrival process and food takeaway services will be adapted to ensure as little contact as possible.
Contactless & Credit Card payments will be available at all outlets. Unfortunately, we do not accept American Express card payments or offer a cashback service.
Cash payments are accepted.
Signage and markings will be in place and appropriate PPE for staff where necessary. The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has given us the recognition that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
See our official certificate awarded by Visit England here